INTRODUCTION TO BROADCAST ENGINEERING
The technical or broadcasting department of Geo Network is situated in Spotlight Chamber, 4th Floor, Jang office, Karachi. This department consists of following portions:
- Master Control Room (MCR)
- Production Control Room (PCR)
- Ingesting Room
- Quality Checking or Quality Control Room (QC Room)
- Central Apparatus Room
Master Control Room (MCR)
Geo Network currently has setup of following 9 channels.
- Geo News
- Geo News – International
- Geo Entertainment
- Geo Entertainment (for UK viewers)
- Geo Entertainment (for USA viewers)
- Geo Entertainment (for Middle East viewers)
- Geo Super
- Aag – International
Production Control Room (PCR)
- Video Monitor wall
- Video Switcher
- Audio Mixer
- Playback servers (MAC systems)
Magic Dave with 8 inputs is being used in PCR of Technical Department of Geo Network.
TASCAM DM 3200
CAN DV is used for Scheduling and Playback
CAR (Central Apparatus Room)
Details of some of the apparatus is as follows:
- Storage Area Network (SAN)
This is the area where all the major contents are stored. The validity of any content stored in SAN is about one month maximum. After the validity expires, the data is automatically is deleted.
- There are two volumes of SAN at CAR of Geo Network. Each volume consists of two RAIDs of seven Hard Drive.
- Video Routers
- Tektronix SPG 422
- Changeover units
There are two video routers. One is in CAR, another is in Akhbar Manzil.
The SPG 422 provides the basic timing and test signals needed to operate mixed format environments.
ECO 422 provides automatic selection of reference sources.